James Burkhart Physics Scholarship
The James Burkhart Physics Scholarship is available only to students in the UCCS Applied Science (Physics) PhD program or students applying for this PhD program in the upcoming Fall semester. Eligible students must have a 3.3 cumulative GPA from their most recent degree program (undergraduate or graduate). The award is based on merit. Merit will include GPA, performance in classes at UCCS or the undergraduate program in which the student is currently enrolled, and may include other considerations such as teaching experience (when applicable), and research experience (when applicable). If all other things are equal, preference will be given to applicants who are newly applying for the graduate program.
Recipients will be notified of scholarship results in May.
- Graduate, Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide your most recent unofficial transcript.
- Describe your background and interest in Physics and how it specifically relates to our PhD program at UCCS. Also include detailed information about your previous teaching and /or research experience.
- Students who will be receiving full support from the department in the next academic year will not be eligible for this scholarship. This does not exclude a student who is, for example, teaching a lab, but it will exclude someone getting full support (over $25,000 + tuition waiver) under a research grant.
- 1) I understand that students who will be receiving full support from the department in the next academic year will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- 2) Please list any funding you have already received from the department and/or explain which funds you have applied for but not yet received. If you are receiving none, write "N/A".