Reisher Transfer Scholarship
The Reisher Scholars Program was established in Colorado in 2001 by the Reisher family. Roger and Margaret Reisher came from modest means and were the first in their families to attend and graduate from college. While most other scholarships help students get started on their college journey, the Reisher Scholarship is specifically designed to help give well-rounded college students the financial means to actually complete their undergraduate degree.
The Reisher Family Scholarship for community college transfer students provides $8,000 to $30,000 over two years. Up to 25 new awards are given per year.
To qualify, you must:
- Be a student who will be transferring in from a Colorado community college for spring, summer or fall semester with junior status.
- Have the ability to graduate within two years of transferring.
- Be a Colorado resident.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Be Pell Grant eligible or demonstrate unmet financial need while having a household Adjusted Gross Income less than 300% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Submit the FAFSA and UCCS General Scholarship Application by June 1st.
- Work a minimum of 10 hours per week (exceptions made for those caring for dependents, or for those who are college athletes).
Interviews will be held for finalists in June. Notifications will be sent to all applicants in July.